Sunday, February 05, 2012

Bits and Bobs

The wedding has taken a little bit of a back seat this past week as I returned to work for 2012. I am rather excited about being back and am very much looking forward to tomorrow as it is our first day with students. 

It was 11 weeks yesterday until the big day. The countdown is going to be really easy from here on in... 10 weeks in the school term and I get married on the first day of the school holidays!  I feel sorry for my students as I am sure I am going to mention this fact to them numerous times over the coming weeks!

I had my calico dress fitting yesterday! I saw it hanging on the wall and said to Anita that it looked like a robe you might wear in a church! I also told her that I could see where she was going with the design!

I put it on and wow! That's all I'll say! Wow!

In about a month I'll be trying on the real thing! YAY!

The invitations arrived a while back! I want to mail them out on Valentines Day as it will be exactly 2 months to the wedding. Must start working on putting names on each of them...


I am fairly certain everything else is more or less organised. I just need to book Emma and I in for hair and makeup trials, and the lovely Glenda at work said I could borrow some miscellaneous items from her daughter, things like the wishing well, etc.  Just got to finish the craft items... (I may have made a mistake in quite a few of the magnets and may have had to unpick about 80% of them and redo them. I may have also changed my mind about some of the colour being used and may be in the process of unpicking another area of the magnet and redoing it in a better colour... yes, I am pedantic and Dave just shakes his head at me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment