Wednesday, February 15, 2012

RSVP Time!

The invitations have been sent!! I popped them into the mailbox on my way to work yesterday. We have had a couple of RSVPs already. We are doing all the RSVPing via the website seeing that every single person we sent an invite to more or less has a facebook account they use on a regular basis! Why not roll with the times eh?

All the loose ends are starting to be tied up and the organisation of the buck's night and the hen's night are well underway. Rob, the best man, and Dave, are in the process of organising the buck's night (a trip to Sydney to see naked chicks in bars apparently!) and the lovely Emma is currently organising my hen's night, which I am very much looking forward to!

In a way I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed by all the things that still need to happen. Two months is not a long time and it will be here before we know it. This week we are focusing on paying off the smaller items so we don't have to worry about them closer to the date. I am also finishing off a bunch of craft items. I am still working on correcting that mistake I mentioned in my last post - almost there though... only a couple more to go and then I can move onto the next stage of that particular project.

Oh and here is another sneak peek! I put this up on facebook yesterday as part of my #febphotoaday thingy... I've made over 60 of these and they will serve a particular purpose at the reception! 


I am also racking my brain over things I may have forgotten. I am going to make a list of stuff that has been done and if you  can clearly see something I have missed or want to suggest something you think is a good idea, leave a comment!!

  • Dress for me and suit for Dave sorted. Just need the ties for the boys.
  • My hair, makeup, shoes, underware and jewellery are sorted.
  • Ceremony location, decorations and chairs booked and confirmed.
  • Photographer arranged (actually, the photographer was the first thing sorted after we got engaged seeing that she was there when Dave proposed - Thanks Emma!! And yes she is my bridesmaid too... go the multitasking!)
  • Celebrant booked, just need to meet with her to finalise paperwork (mental note to ask Dave to email her)
  • Cake booked - just need to confirm some specific details closer to the date (the reason why will become apparent at the reception!)
  • Reception venue sorted - must email them and make an appointment to finalise the menu, drinks, and a few other bits and pieces.
  • Decorations are well on their way to being finished. Chair covers and napkins for reception have been booked.
  • Bird cage which will act as a wishing well has been arranged, and also a pin board for the seating arrangements.
  • MC arranged (thanks Rebecca)
  • Music at the reception is being sorted (this is Dave's domain!)
  • Wedding night accomodation sorted.
  • Car sorted (using Dave's car coz it's awesome!)
So, what have I missed? Any help is appreciated!!


No comments:

Post a Comment