Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wedding Admin...

I've spent this afternoon doing wedding admin. It has kind of reminded me of some of my past jobs where I had to plan big events. All I have to say is that I bloody well hope this event goes better than some of the others I organised! Not that I am a bad organiser - it was always another party that didn't do their bit or failed to produce a product to what I would call 'acceptable standards'.

Anyway, I've put more money on the wedding dress and changed all my fitting dates (as I don't have Friday afternoons off work this year thanks to only being able to teach chemistry on a line that sees me teach a class at 3pm on a Friday afternoon!). I've emailed the cake people to ask if we can put down some more money on the cake and I am waiting on a response from the people we have hired to set up chairs, etc, at the ceremony location.  I have also emailed my makeup artist to try and line up a time for the trial and tomorrow, assuming she is back in the country (she has been posting lovely photos of her holiday in Fiji on FB! Jealous!), I'll call my lovely hairdresser and book Emma and myself in for a hair trial.  Must start looking at styles.

I have also been filling out all the details in my 'MyWed' planner. This thing is so cool! It has checklists, hints, supplier pages, pockets where I keep dress fabric samples and invoices/recipts, etc. If you are getting married, or know someone who is, I recommend this thing! Check it out here: http://www.mywed.com.au/

it will make a nice wedding keepsake. I'll be able to look back in 20 years when the pages are all yellow and see what I did to make my own day special. I am thinking of adding photos to it of different things as we get closer to the day.

It's only 80 days away!

I also ordered some magnets today. What for I hear you ask? Ahhh... small spoiler... there will be handmade magnets as part of the bombonierre! Dave is excited about the magnets. He chose them and I gave him permission to get a $20 magnet sample pack! I love how he is so geeky and how these things excite him!

Also visited Spotlight... again... got some more ribbon to finish the project I posted about the other day. I'll finish it tomorrow! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment